Friday, February 12, 2010

Reading the Rule of St. Benedict

Tonight we will read the rule from beginning to end as we prepare for the Chapter of Admissions tomorrow.

I love when we do this each year because it reminds me what it is I am to be doing each day. St. Benedict's rule is so appropriate for our world today as he sets out a way to live in community and how to treat one another. Probably one of my favorite sayings is to do all things with moderation. What would our world look like if we all did this?

As we read the rule tonight one chapter will stick out and this is what I will then ponder the next few days as I try to put into practice something that may need a little work or it may just affirm an area I am working on already. No matter what it is, I will come away from this reading charged up and ready to work at being a better Benedictine.